Rebecca Bond Williams (Chairwoman-Parish Chapter)
Welcome to the Episcopal Church of All Saints and Ascension chapter of the Episcopal Church Women. The ECW meets at 9:00 am on the 4th Sunday of every month prior to Eucharist.
The Episcopal Church Women is one of our oldest church organizations and is open to all women. All women of the Episcopal Church throughout the United States are considered members of ECW.
Our vision and mission statement aligns with that of our Diocese which is “To offer every woman at the Episcopal Church of All Saints and Ascension an environment of support and encouragement, education and opportunity for ministry by providing fellowship, communication, resource materials, and outreach to the Diocese, nation, and the world.”
Our parish ECW is actively involved with community outreach and events to support our mission. Our schedule for 2018 include the following activities:
- Lenten Quiet Day
- Lenten Chicken Dinner Fundraiser
- Father’s Day-to honor the men of our parish)
- Women’s Health Day
- Juvenile Detention Support Event (Community Outreach)
- Back To Sunday (to welcome everyone back from their summer vacation)
- Episcopal City Mission Banquet (Community Outreach)
- Trunk-or-Treat (Community Outreach)-candy for the neighborhood children
- United Thanks Offering (UTO) Fall In-Gathering
- Advent Quiet Day
- Advent Chicken Dinner Fundraiser
- Breakfast With Santa (Community Outreach) for the neighborhood children
All women in the parish are encouraged to support these efforts. Why participate? How about the spiritual growth, focus on mission, fellowship, education, leadership training, ecumenical environment, social action, and advocacy.
Almighty God, we pray that You will bless our work in mission and ministry in the world. Help us to pray fervently, labor diligently and give liberally to make known the power of your love given through your son Jesus Christ. Let us not forget the lessons from the past nor fear the challenges of the future. Anoint us with your grace and shine in our hearts as we reflect your light throughout the world. Amen